By Patty Sands, WTC Stratcom
Join me in welcoming the newest organizations in the AW2 Community Support Network. These organizations are part of the 236 AW2 Community Support Network organizations that help better the lives of AW2 Soldiers, Veterans, and their Families. Click on the links below to get to know them.
- Able Forces, www.ableforces.org
- Achilles International-Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Veterans, www.achillesinternational.org
- Bancroft Brain Injury Services, www.bancroft.org
- Camp Cope, www.campcope.org
- Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, www.ice.gov
- Freedom Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc , www.freedomguidedogs.org
- K-9S For Veterans, Inc., http://www.k9sforveterans.org/
- Lake McHenry County Veterans and Family Services, Illinois, http://www.lakecountyil.gov/health/Pages/lake-mchenryveterans.aspx
- Man Tech International, www.mantech.com/careers
- Office of Civilian Human Resources for the Department of the Navy, http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/employment/vets/pages/woundedwarriors.aspx
- OnPoint Performance Solutions, www.onpointperformancesolutions.com
- Partners In Careers, www.partnersincareers.org
- Rolling Hills Military Ministry, www.rollinghills.org
- Scott & White Military Homefront Services, www.homefront.sw.org
- Stable Hands Horses for Heroes, www.stablehands.org
- Vet Center, www.vetcenter.va.gov
The AW2 Community Support Network was created based on direct requests from severely wounded, ill, and injured Soldiers, Veterans, and Families. Wounded Soldiers stated that connection with their local community and community leaders was essential for their success and reintegration. For more information, please visit the AW2 Community Support Network webpage.
Do you know of a caring organization that wants to assist wounded, injured, and ill Soldiers, Veterans and their Families? If so, please email the AW2 Community Support Network at the below email address. I welcome your recommendations and referrals.
Send organization referrals to AW2CommunitySupportNetwork@conus.army.mil